|The Keck Facility offers lectures and seminars on basic principles and practical tips of light microscopy techniques. A list of possible topics is included below. Dates are announced 2-4 weeks in advance and require registration.
- Basics of transmitted light microscopy
- Introduction to Fluorescence Microscopy - October 23
- This seminar covers the basic principles of fluorescence, parts of a fluorescence microscope, selection of fluorophores and filters, and what information is in a fluorescence image
- Cameras and digital imaging
- Confocal basics - April 17
- This seminar covers the basic principles of confocal imaging, including the confocal principle and methods of implementation, wavelength selection, detectors, and applicatons. A basic knowledge of fluorescence microscopy is recommended but not required.
- Live Cell Imaging
- Collecting Color Images
- Basic image handling with ImageJ/Fiji
Please email Wendy Salmon to be added to the keck_lectures mailing list to get first announcements of seminars. Interested in a topic not mentioned above? Send Wendy an email.