Directions to Whitehead Institute
Nine Cambridge Center (Kendall Square),
From Logan Airport
- Sumner Tunnel to 93 North
- Exit right off 93 at Cambridge/Storrow Drive exit
- Bear left towards Storrow Drive
- Exit left at the Kendall Square exit
- At light take a right onto the Longfellow Bridge
- Follow Main St. (Main flows into Broadway) and take a left at
the second set of lights (Ames St.)
- Take the first right onto Main St. and then a right onto Vassar
Whitehead is on the corner of Main and Vassar St.
From Mass. Pike
- Exit left at Cambridge/Allston Exit #18.
- Bear right off exit towards Cambridge.
- Go over bridge and take a right onto Memorial Drive.
- Take a left at the next light (small street by the Hyatt).
- At the end of the street take a right onto Vassar St. Continue
straight down Vassar, through intersection of Massachusetts Avenue,
about one mile total.
- Vassar intersects Main Street. Whitehead is ahead diagonally
on your right, at the corner of Main and Vassar Streets.
To Reach the Parking Lot
- Continue straight through intersection of Main and Vassar Streets
onto "Vassar Street Extension."
- Pass Whitehead Institute on your right.
- At traffic light, make a right onto Broadway.
- Continue straight one block; make a right at next traffic light
onto Ames Street.
- Entrance to parking lot comes very quickly on your right.
By the MBTA
- Whitehead Institute is located on the Red Line subway system
at the Kendall Square/MIT stop.
- Exit the T station and walk away from Boston (away from the
river) on Main Street.
- The Whitehead Institute is two blocks up on the right, at the
corner of Main and Vassar Streets.